Drugs are easy to access, especially to teens, as long as there is a steady supply of it and a smart supplier. As such, it is quite difficult to eliminate it entirely. However, what we can do as responsible individuals of the society is to keep ourselves informed of important information regarding drugs circulating in the market. One such information is to keep ourselves in the know of the most commonly abused drugs.
Examples of such drugs are:
- Synthetic marijuana – This marijuana is a set of chemicals crafted from the cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. This is meant for recreational drug use.
- Cocaine – It is made from the leaves of the coca plant and this plant is native to South America. It causes an influx of “euphoric feelings” in the brain by increasing the amount of dopamine.
- Opioid – Opioids are known for easing pain and can be essential painkillers for some.
- Heroin – Heroin is an early form of morphine which is a narcotic pain reliever.
- Prescription drug – Prescription drugs are prescribed by doctors that are abused by some patients. These drugs usually aid a person in sleeping or ease pain which can become addictive.
- Methamphetamine – Methamphetamine strongly stimulates the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) which, when used in excess, can cause harmful effects.
- MDMA – MDMA is more commonly known as the drug ecstasy which is a psychoactive drug.
- Inhalant – Inhalants produce addictive chemical vapors that are inhaled. This includes spray paints and glue.
- Nicotine – Nicotine is found in the smoke of tobacco products and is heavily addictive.
Plenty of these drugs can be easily acquired, thus the probability of it being abused is more certain. As a provider of Teen Rehabilitation in Los Angeles, California, Teen Drug Addiction offers services that can help educate teens and even adults on these drugs. You can contact us by calling the number 888-294-0977 or e-mailing our Teen Treatment Center in Los Angeles at firstname.lastname@example.org.